Thorne Harbour Health, 22nd July 2020
Effecting Change and Accountability: Family Violence Interventions for LGBTI Communities: Monday 10th to Friday 14th August 2020
Since the release of Victoria’s Royal Commission into Family Violence recommendations in 2016, LGBTI family violence service providers and mainstream family violence services who are attaining rainbow tick accreditation have worked more deliberately to develop and sustain inclusive and informed responses to LGBTI people using or experiencing family violence.
This annual community-led forum offers a platform to LGBTI community organisations and allied organisations to present their work, share knowledge, skills and look at service areas that need further development. This forum will provide information, presentations, interactive workshops and networking opportunities for service providers and other professionals about family violence in LGBTI communities.
We invite practitioners and community advocates from family violence sector and LGBTI community sectors, allied health sector practitioners, policy writers, victim survivor advocates, community organisers and people who are committed to the work to end family violence and break down LGBTI stigma and discrimination, increase community connectedness, improve community awareness of the needs of LGBTI communities, as well as striving to remove barriers to LGBTI inclusion, celebration, and embracing diversity.
Tickets available now:
- LGBTI Family Violence Forum – Opening Plenary
- LGBTI Family Violence Forum – Trans Women & Cis Men
- After Hours Helpline With Respect: key reflections from the first year of service
- “But it’s their personal beliefs”: Practice Considerations for Family of Origin Violence
- Reflections on Sexual Consent and Power with GBQ Male Perpetrators in Abusive Relationships
- LGBTI Family Violence Forum – Behaviour Change in the Digital Age
- LGBTI Family Violence Forum – Proud Partners NSW: ACON
- Assessing and responding to family violence in LGBTIQ communities under the Family Violence MARAM Framework and practice guides
- TGDNB and Supportive Relationships: Definitely Beyond the Binary
- LGBTI Family Violence Forum – A Court Response
- LGBTI Family Violence Forum – Closing Plenary