South Australian Rainbow Advocacy Alliance (SARAA), July 2022
On 21 July 2022 trans community advocates and SARAA met with Health Minister Chris Picton MP to present signatures from over 150 South Australians calling for timely and accessible gender affirming healthcare. SA Health released their draft State-wide Gender Diversity Model of Care later that day.
It sets out plans for:
- continued specialised Child and Adolescent Gender Diversity Service operating as a single state-wide service
- a specialised Statewide Adult Gender Diversity Service with multi-disciplinary care including mental health, gynaecology, urology, plastic surgery, speech pathology, endocrinology, psychiatry and peer support
- surgical gender affirmation services to be implemented in public health services in a phased approach
- building the capacity of mainstream health services providers to support ongoing care for TGDNB people.
SA Health are seeking any final feedback before the model is finalised and implemented. You can give feedback by:
- completing SA Health’s online survey
- attending an online session to talk through the model on Tuesday 2 August 2022, 5:00pm-6:00pm and Wednesday 3 August 2022, 12.30pm-1.30pm. Contact Ruth.Fernandez@sa.gov.au to attend
- emailing SARAA at email@example.com so we can make sure your voice is heard.
Feedback closes Friday 5 August.