SHINE SA, May 2018
SHINE SA’s Pregnancy Choices training for has been updated and is running in July. This 2-day course defines and explains all the options available to people experiencing an unplanned pregnancy.
It is open to nurses, midwives, doctors, counsellors, community health workers, school counsellors, youth workers, Aboriginal Health Workers, and any professional who encounters clients with unplanned pregnancy.
The course covers broad social and political issues and clinical options, incorporating cultural considerations into topics and resources.
- Global, national and local overview
- Abortion option
- Adoption option
- Antenatal pathways
- Genetic issues in pregnancy
- Perinatal mental health
- Social and political context of health and pregnancy – planned and unplanned
- Counselling responses to unplanned pregnancy
- Options and support for young people who are pregnant
- Application to practice