ASHM, June 2022
This 1-hour webinar will focus on strategies for managing pregnancy and the optimal scenario for breastfeeding for people living with HIV. Directed at nurses with experience working in HIV, this webinar focuses on the nurses’ role in providing care for people living with HIV who are pregnant or considering breastfeeding.
- 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm (AEST)
- 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm (ACST)
- 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm (AWST)
Developed and presented by nurses, this interactive session will include insights from a person with lived experience of HIV, a presentation, case study and polls.
- Examine treatment and management options for people who are pregnant and living with HIV
- Interpret how to follow the ASHM guidance on infant feeding for people living with HIV
- Discuss the risks, benefits and optimal scenarios for breastfeeding
- Identify strategies to prevent HIV transmission when pregnant or breastfeeding
Nurses across Australia with experience working in HIV and sexual health management
Endorsed by ASHHNA and ACNP. Pending endorsement by ACN
This training is supported by an unconditional education grant from ViiV. Sponsorship is governed by ASHM’s Sponsorship Policy, and the sponsor has no input into the content, tone, emphasis, allocation of funds or selection of recipients. ASHM does not endorse or promote any sponsor’s product or service.
FOR MORE INFORMATION