The Respect Me + You, Is Your Syphilis Check Up Due? Campaign has now launched!
This campaign was originally conceived by Aboriginal Health Council of South Australia (AHCSA), and was adapted as a collaboration with SHINE SA in 2020.
The campaign is a response to the rise in syphilis infections in South Australia which has been particularly devastating for Aboriginal communities.
It is a health promotion initiative and social media campaign targeted at South Australian community members and health professionals to raise awareness of the risks of syphilis; and to encourage syphilis testing, treatment, and partner notification.
The campaign materials feature artwork by Rachael Anderson, an Adnyamathanha woman. She is an artist and also works as an educator.
Supported by Country SA PHN this social advertising campaign is targeted at rural and regional South Australia. AHCSA and SHINE SA will be providing health promotion materials to all Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services in South Australia. Campaign materials and advertising will also be implemented in metropolitan SA.
- Campaign page
- Social Media Tiles are available here
- Hashtags: help us spread the message by using #RespectMeAndYou and #TestTreatNotify on social media
- Download posters here
- Syphilis factsheet for community members
- For health professionals: information on syphilis
- Aboriginal Health Council of South Australia (AHCSA) Website and Facebook
- Email for more information on how you can share the message with your community group, health service, school or workplace