ASHM, April 2021
Treatment with direct acting antivirals is easier than ever. This FREE course aims to provide Nurse Practitioners the skills and confidence to diagnose, assess, manage and treat hepatitis C.
Online Training Session 1: Thursday 29 April, 7:00pm-9:00pm AEST (6.30 – 8.30 PM ACST)
Online Training Session 2: Thursday 06 May, 7:00pm-9:00pm AEST (6.30 – 8.30 PM ACST)
This program is conducted in three parts:
- Part 1: Pre-course survey and eLearning Activity: Hepatitis C in Primary Care and Drug and Alcohol Settings – estimated time 1.5 hours.
- Part 2: Workshop – 3.75 hours, excluding breaks.
- Part 3: Reinforcing activity – estimated time 0.5 hours.
Target Audience: Nurse Practitioners with an interest in hepatitis C.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
• Describe the risk factors for HCV infection, enabling effective screening and prevention education
• Demonstrate competence conducting and interpreting tests to diagnose HCV
• Recognise risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of liver disease
• Demonstrate understanding of DAA therapy for the treatment of HCV and competence in selecting
• Describe recommended on-treatment monitoring and post-treatment follow up protocols
This course, including pre- and post-course activities, is equivalent to 5.75 CPD hours
Download flyer here: HepCNP
Course program can be downloaded here
For more information Please contact Tyler Davis on 0435 790 489 or click here to send an email
Click to Register for this national webinar here