Queensland Human Rights Commission, 2019
This information is for trans and gender diverse employees, their employers, managers and colleagues who are seeking guidance on issues associated with transitioning at work.
The guidelines suggest ways to:
- work together the achieve a successful transition in the workplace;
- address pre-employment issues; and
- provide ongoing support to trans employees.
Why is a trans inclusive workplace important?
For the employee:
- staying in employment;
- maintaining self-respect;
- having financial security.
For the employer:
- improving staff satisfaction and retention through modern, inclusive workplace policies;
- enhancing public image of the organisation;
- reaching new client groups;
- improving teamwork and increasing productivity;
- complying with state and federal discrimination legislation
The document also contains some real-life stories.