SA Health, 11 April 2019
The ‘Australian National Guidelines for the Management of Healthcare Workers Living with Blood Borne Viruses and Healthcare Workers who Perform Exposure Prone Procedures at Risk of Exposure to Blood Borne Viruses’ have been updated. They can be viewed on the Commonwealth Department of Health website.
The guidelines are in two parts:
Part A provides information and recommendations for all healthcare workers, in particular:
- healthcare workers who perform exposure prone procedures
- healthcare workers living with a blood borne virus, and
- doctors treating healthcare workers with a blood borne virus.
Part B provides information and recommendations for public health authorities including, but not limited to, hospitals and jurisdictional health departments, when managing or investigating a situation where a healthcare worker with a blood borne virus was not compliant with these guidelines and/or may have placed a patient(s) at risk of infection.
- Read more here
- Access the guidelines here
- Download Implementation guidelines for South Australia here