All SHINE SA sites will be closed from 12 PM Friday December 22nd, reopening on January 2nd at the usual times. This includes Woodville, Davoren Park, Hyde Street and Noarlunga, as well as the SAMESH program.
This also includes our weekly Gilles Plains clinic (reopening Thursday 4th) and our Rapido weekly clinic for rapid HIV testing (reopening Monday 8th).
SASHA will be taking a break until 16th January.
All of us at SHINE SA would like to wish you a safe and peaceful festive season and a happy new year for 2018.
We do acknowledge that this can be a difficult and stressful time for some.
For urgent help during this time:
- If it is an emergency, phone 000 (Police, Ambulance or Fire Service).
- If you are in crisis, or the person you are supporting is in crisis, the following free services can provide immediate support:
* Lifeline: 13 11 14 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
* Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
* Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) This service is available for kids and young people (up to 25 years of age).
* QLife: 1800 184 527 (3pm to midnight) QLife is a counselling and referral service for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and/or intersex (LGBTI).
* Mental Health Triage Service: 13 14 65 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week
If you suspect HIV exposure:
- the PEP hotline never closes, call 1800 022 226
If you require Emergency Contraception (must be within 5 days of unprotected intercourse, the sooner the better)
- It is available at community pharmacies, or at Women’s Assessment Service