Relationships Australia South Australia, February 2018
Information for Service Providers
The HIV Women’s Health Program of Relationships Australia South Australia has been established to provide a range of services to empower women affected by or at risk of HIV to lead a healthy life that is free of stigma and discrimination.
Their service is for all women affected by HIV regardless of their cultural backgrounds. Women can be referred to the service or contact them directly.
All women accessing this service will be initially seen by the female Program Coordinator who has extensive experience in working with gender based issues, HIV and culture. The Coordinator will first meet women face to face, conduct a general assessment and will discuss the most suitable interventions and future directions.
Their services include:
• Individual support, counselling, case management, advocacy and referral services.
• Bi-monthly women’s peer support group (all participants must register with the program coordinator).
• A specific website http://indabahiv.com.au/ that provides information relevant to women’s living with HIV. The information is useful for people living with HIV, the wider community and service providers.
• Peer development pathways to empower women who are interested in being involved in providing peer support and/or in public speaking about HIV.
They will regularly consult with women to identify concerns and gaps in service delivery.
- Please contact the program Coordinator, Namam Salih for referrals and/or further enquiries. Phone: (08) 8245 8100 | Fax: (08) 8346 7333 | Email: email@example.com
- Download flyer here WomensHIV_Service_2018_Final2