Below is an open invite from FTMen-SA to parents, carers, support people, friends and family to someone who is a trans man. Please RSVP via FTMen-SA@hotmail.com if you would like to attend.
Are you a parent, carer, partner, support person, best friend etc. to someone who is FTM (female to male) transgender, a transman or transmasculine?
Do they attend the FTMen-SA meetings or have been thinking about coming along?
If you answered yes to both of these questions then we invite you to attend an FTMen-SA meeting with your transman/transmasc person.
- Wednesday the 21st of September.
- 57 Hyde Street, Adelaide 5000 (SAMESH)
- There is no minimum or maximum age for participants, all are welcome.
- Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander Persons and those from Culturally Diverse backgrounds are encouraged to come along.
- Facilitators are trained human service workers with Police and DCSI clearances.
FTMen-SA would like to gently remind those wishing to attend that these meetings are normally closed to the greater community to respect the privacy and confidentiality of participants. Those wishing to attend are asked to please respect the confidentiality of those present including not disclosing their gender status, discussions and images outside the meeting space.
We encourage this as a great way for those unsure about coming along to have a chance to meet some of the group members, meet the facilitators and explore the SAMESH site and its services. Some members will be happy to answer respectful questions and to share their journey; its a great way to learn from lived experience!
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org