ABC News, 1st August 2017
More than half of all university students were sexually harassed on at least one occasion last year, a landmark survey by the Human Rights Commission has found.
- The report found women experienced harassment and assaults at disproportionately higher rates than men
- Almost a third of harassment took place on university grounds or teaching spaces
- Residential colleges were also a particular area of concern
All 39 of Australia’s universities will also release data later this morning on the incidence of sexual assaults on their respective campuses.
- Read more of University sexual assault report: Half of all Australian students harassed at least once in 2016
- Download report Change The Course: National Report on Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment at Australian Universities (2017)
Infographics from Australian Human Rights Commission at link above