PROJECT OFFICER DISABILITY SERVICES RE-ESTABLISHMENT PROJECT
This would suit a person who has had experience in providing sexuality education to individuals living with a disability, or an experienced developmental educator who wishes to gain experience in the sexuality and relationship assessment and education field.
Please note that applications close on Applications close C.O.B. Friday 27th February 2015
Salary $66,023 pro rata
- 6-month Contract: Half Time (0.5EFT)
- April – September 2015 inclusive (or by negotiation)
- Hours and days of work can be flexible
- Generous salary sacrificing opportunities
SHine SA is the leading sexual health agency in South Australia. We are a not-for-profit, non-government organisation working in partnership with government, health, education and community agencies and communities to improve the sexual and reproductive health and relationship wellbeing of South Australians.
This is part of a larger project aimed at re-generating a flow of referral to SHine SA for assessment and education services and at re-embedding disability service provision within SHine SA’s service profile, ultimately on a fee-for-service basis.
The Project Officer: Disability Services Re-establishment Project, based at Woodville, will be responsible for:
– promoting, planning, delivering and evaluating assessment, education and consultation services free-of-charge to a limited number of people living with a disability their families and support workers;
– drafting two booklets aimed at increasing capacity for informed and consensual participation in clinical sexual health services by people living with a disability;
– working collaboratively with the Coordinator Disability Worker Education and a Level 2 Nurse in achieving the broader project outcomes (available upon request);
– taking the lead in producing an evaluation report for Community Benefit SA.
The Project Officer will have:
– established networks within the disability sector;
– proven experience in working from a person centred position with a diverse client base of people living with a disability;
– experience in using augmentative tools in effective communication, assessment and education about sexual health issues;
– ability to resolve conflict and to communicate in a respectful and effective manner with families and other professionals.
For a copy of the Job & Person Specification or to discuss details of the position contact Ralph Brew on 8300 5318 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include a brief covering letter, a current resume, contact details for three referees and a detailed response to the key performance indicators related to your skill and experience.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by close of business Friday 27 February 2015.