Centre for Culture, Ethnicity and Health, as at August 2022
The Centre for Culture, Ethnicity and Health aims to improve the health and wellbeing of people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Part of this involves working with professionals from health, community, and local government services to improve their responsiveness to people from these communities.
One of the ways they do this is by providing a Resource Hub, with information that includes a migrant & refugee health library, resources on disability in CALD communities, and tips on working with language services. Their Resource Hub contains the following selected resources on Sexual & Reproductive Health & BBVs:
- Contraception for women – multilingual resources
- A guide for spiritual leaders to prevent HIV transmission and eliminate HIV stigma
- BBV/STI Glossary – Simple definitions for keywords blood borne viruses and sexual health
- Double trouble? the health needs of culturally diverse men who have sex with men
- PrEP Facts – a tablet that taken once daily can stop you from getting HIV
- Responding to diversity: meeting the sexual and reproductive health needs of international students
- Sexual Health and Relationships Education (SHARE) – Educational Tool: covers the following topics Sexually Transmissible Infections (STIs) / Blood Borne Viruses (BBVs) / Contraceptives / Negotiating Condom Use / Alcohol Use / Syphilis / HIV / Genital Herpes / Hepatitis B / Gonorrhoea / Healthy Relationships / Consent / What is Sex?
Find more CEH resources here