ASHM, August 2020
This training aims to provide participants with the knowledge and confidence to pursue the management of HCV in their primary care setting.
Primary care providers can play a critical role in the elimination of hepatitis C in Australia by 2030.
This workshop will provide an overview of the management of HCV in primary care
settings, including case finding, testing, patient assessment and treatment.
• Identify priority populations for HCV screening
• Order and interpret tests appropriately to diagnose chronic HCV infection
• Describe the recommended pre-treatment assessment
• Demonstrate understanding of antiviral therapy for treatment of HCV
• Communicate confidently with patients about HCV
Webinar Presenter: Dr Alireza Ahmavand, General Practitioner, Arafura Medical Clinics – Casuarina
General Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners, nurses, primary care-based practitioners
and other health care workers.
When: Wednesday 19 August 2020 7.30pm – 9.00pm AEST (7 – 9.30 pm ACST)
Delivered online, free
This activity is allocated 3 activity points in the RACGP QI&CPD Program for the
For further details or assistance contact: Molly Stannard