Blue Knot Foundation, August 2022
Delivered by one of Blue Knot Foundation’s most experienced facilitators, Dragan Zan Wright is a transgender psychotherapist and trainer who has worked extensively in the fields of Gender and Sexuality Diversity, Complex Trauma and Trauma-Informed Care and Practice.
This professional development day goes beyond ‘standard’ LGBTIQ+ diversity training. This masterclass will build the knowledge and skills to work competently and confidently with the rising numbers of transgender and gender diverse (including non-binary) people accessing therapeutic and other services. It will explore the intersectionality of complex trauma, discrimination, and minority stress to develop understanding on how these factors impact the health of transgender and gender diverse (TGD) people.
Participants will gain a practical and inclusive framework for implementing trauma-informed principles and gender affirming practice when working with TGD populations.
By participating in this professional development training, attendees will:
- Apply an understanding of the intersectionality of complex trauma, discrimination and minority stress and the impact on health to work effectively with TGD people accessing your service
- Work effectively in promoting ‘trauma-informed’ and ‘gender affirmative’ principles to an interdisciplinary and collaborative approach when working with TGD clients
- Acquire knowledge and skills to develop a practical inclusive framework for implementing gender affirmative change in your organisation based on best practice and current legislation
- Acquire confidence in the use of current language and definitions in the evolving landscape of language pertaining to TGD people
Who should attend?
Anyone working in a therapeutic or counselling role with transgender, gender diverse and non-binary people.
Non-member Standard Rate: $370
Professional Member Rate: $330
Dates & Registration
- 7th September, 1 day, Wed 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM ACST: Register here
- 2nd December, 1 day, Fri 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM ACDT: Register here
Blue Knot Foundation Website