SHINE SA, November 2022
This online course has been developed to support people in their understanding of gender diversity. It will cover key concepts and terms related to gender diversity and provide an introduction to supporting trans and gender diverse people. This online course is self-paced and takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
In this course you will cover:
- an introduction to gender diversity
- the terms, language and differences between orientation, intersex status, gender identity and expression
- trans and gender diverse experiences including the impacts of discrimination and phobia
- gender affirmation and guidance in supporting trans and gender diverse people
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- describe correct language to use with regards to trans and gender diverse people and clients
- have a deeper understanding of gender diversity and gender affirmation
- demonstrate an understanding around the needs of trans and gender diverse people and clients
- understand referral pathways with regards to trans and gender diverse care.
Eligibility: This course is suitable for anyone seeking to support trans and gender diverse people. This includes people who work in healthcare settings/health professionals, youth or community sector workers, counsellors and more.
Accreditation/Recognition: Certificate of Completion
Course Cost: $45