Sonder, October 2018
In this education session, presenters Dr Dep Huynh, Ms Margery Milner and Mr Jeff Stewart will provide attendees with an update on the risk factors associated with Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) and the management options available.
The presenters will also provide information on liver cirrhosis tests and how to choose and initiate the most appropriate HCV treatment for patients.
- Identify and understand the risk factors for HCV screening;
- Perform correct diagnosis of chronic HCV using reflexive testing;
- Assess and manage patients for liver cirrhosis using non-invasive tests;
- Improve patient safety by choosing the most appropriate HCV treatment according to the patient’s characteristics and co-medications;
- Discuss and improve your understanding on how to initiate HCV treatment.
Dr Dep Huynh, Gastroentrologist & Staff Specialist at Queen Elizabeth Hospital,
Clinical Lecturer, University of South Australia
Margery Milner & Jeff Stewart, Nurses at Queen Elizabeth Hospital
6.30pm – 7.00pm Registration and dinner
7.00pm – 8.00pm Presentation by Dr Dep Huynh, Gastroentrologist & Staff Specialist at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Clinical Lecturer, University of South Australia8.00pm – 8.10pm Tea/coffee break
8.10pm – 9.10pm Presentation by Margery Milner & Jeff Stewart, Nurses at Queen Elizabeth Hospital
9.10pm – 9.30pm Questions, evaluation & close
RACGP QI & CPD Category 2, 4 Points
DATE AND TIME
Mon. 5 November 2018
6:15 pm – 9:30 pm ACDT
30/81 O’Connell Street
North Adelaide, SA 5006
This program is funded by the Adelaide Primary Health Network - an Australian Government initiative