SHine SA, October 2016
You are warmly invited to an interactive forum which will be held as an adjunct to the Australasian Sexual Health Conference being held in Adelaide, November 2016.
Who is this for? Teachers, community educators, health promotion officers, registered nurses and midwives, doctors, counsellors and other interested people.
Forum Themes • Taking gender and sexual diversity seriously • Confidence in teaching about sexual violence • Student ‘voice’ in sexuality education: problems and possibilities • Pre-service teacher education: the hope for change in sexual and relationships education
• Professor Peter Aggleton: Centre for Social Research in Health, UNSW Australia
• Dr Helen Calabretto: SHine SA
• Associate Professor Tiffany Jones: Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society, La Trobe University
• Jane Flentje: Educational Consultant; former Coordinator Teacher Education, SHine SA
• James Castle: Schools Coordinator, Schools Education & Support, SHine SA; White Ribbon Ambassador
• Professor Bruce Johnson: School of Education, University of South Australia
• Natalie Terminelli: Teacher, Woodville High School
• Dr Debbie Ollis: School of Education, Deakin University
• Dr Deborah Bateson: Family Planning NSW; President, Australasian Sexual Health Alliance
When 16 November 2016: Registration: 3.00 – 3.20 pm; Forum: 3.20 – 6.00 pm
Where University of South Australia, City West Campus, BH 2.09 Lecture Theatre (Barbara Hanrahan Building)
Transport Public car parking is available in Hindley Street. Tram, bus and train transport are convenient to the City West Campus.
Cost $20 (includes refreshments).
Registration Click here to register by 5.00pm Monday 14 November. There will be limited places available at the door (cash only), but we would prefer pre-registration to assist us with catering.
Further information: Gemma Weedall (08) 8300 5394 or Helen Calabretto (08) 7099 5318
Download flyer here cutting-edge-issues-forum-flyer